Our expertise focuses on the following:
- Disposition and sale of real estate assets that lenders, courts, executors, and owners require to be sold at the highest possible price using local real estate professionals, brokers, and consultants.
- Analyzing the financial structure of real estate assets including securitization issues, lien and other title issues, short sale issues, and other legal issues.
- Secure management of real estate assets including the faithful collection of rental income, maintaining physical integrity of the assets, management of insurance matters, and the ability to conduct forensic accounting projects.
- Manage the construction of partially completed real estate projects. We have previously completed the construction of a damaged 37 unit apartment building in Southern California. After the building was completed, we sold the complex using a local commercial real estate broker.
- Extensive experience working with lenders’ and owners’ legal counsel, and appearing in state court matters, bankruptcy hearings, and other related legal proceedings as a receiver, real estate broker and advisor, legal counsel, executor, and special master.
- Knowledge of complex real estate financing issues, securities issues, litigation matters, construction defect issues, insurance issues, construction lien issues, and contracting matters.
- Ability to mediate disputes/issues between various interests regarding the management and disposition of real estate assets.
Advantages of Receivership
- Provides a convenient vehicle for executing real estate financial workouts for, collection on, and administration of underperforming real property assets
- Cost effective method for recovering value for creditors
- Provides protection for creditor’s assets
- Automatically stays certain proceedings that may jeopardize the value of real property assets
- Maintains the status quo with regard to utilities
- Avoids liabilities and legal duties incumbent upon title holders after foreclosure
- Allows for sale of assets free and clear of liens and rights of redemption
- Avoids liability for lenders foreclosing on condominium projects in default
- Relieves creditors and debtors from the burden of bringing and defending legal actions with regard to the estate under receivership
- Provides borrowers with a cost effective method for returning substantial value to creditors without exacerbating default status